Therapy: OT, Speech-Language, Creative Arts
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational Therapy, or OT, helps children with special developmental, behavioral, and/or learning needs participate more fully in their day-to-day school and social situations. Cyzner Institute offers OT evaluations and interventions for infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents. We work closely with each family to customize programming to meet the needs of both the child and family.
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Occupational Therapy screenings and evaluations
- Treatment programs for children with sensory processing disorders
- Therapeutic ListeningTM and Interactive Metronome®
- Parent coaching to reinforce, at home, the skills gained in therapy
- Consultation with parents, teachers and other professionals who work with the family (written permission required)
- Referrals to other professionals, as needed
- Consultation and seminars for professional networking groups, physicians, parent support groups, schools and
other people dedicated to working with children and their families
Occupational Therapy consultation services are available for students enrolled in our Day School program only and are included with tuition. We accept select insurance for individual OT services.
Cyzner Institute provides Speech-Language services for children with a wide range of developmental, behavioral, and learning needs. We work with the following populations and/or provide specific interventions for:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Social Skills Education- including the implementation of inclusive group therapy
to promote language development, articulation and social skills
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Intellectual disabilities
- Articulation disorders
- Expressive language disorders
- Receptive language impairments
- Learning disabilities
- Cleft palate/resonance disorders
- Augmentative Communication Devices
Speech-Language Therapy consultation services are available for students enrolled in our Day School program only and are included with tuition. We accept select insurance for individual Speech-Language services.
Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Therapy are typically offered Monday through Thursday (OT 9:00am-5:00pm; SLT 8:30am - 4:30pm; limited availability on Fridays). Sessions are 55 minutes.
At Cyzner Institute, we integrate Creative Arts - including music, visual arts, creative movement, and drama - with our programming as a modality to help address the physical, psychological, cognitive, behavioral and/or social needs of a child. We believe that although our students may learn differently, they can engage in many of these activities enjoyed by other students. Creative Arts provide a unique and enjoyable way to facilitate social-communication and/or to support sensory-based needs and can also help to support relationship-based intervention. Children learn to interact successfully with others, including waiting their turn, sharing, and communicating their desires and needs to other children and adults. The Creative Arts Program is an essential part of our integrated, individualized service delivery model for our CI students, and thus we incorporate it into weekly instruction both one-on-one as well as in groups based on age, interests, and needs.
This program is offered at CI both for our Day School students and for children from the community-at-large. In addition to group lessons offered directly after school, CI Day School students can work with our instructor, Mr. Shane Elks (see Bio), privately after school to enhance what they have learned throughout the day. We also invite students from the community to work with Mr. Elks by appointment either during or after the school day.
Private lessons include but are not limited to:
- Voice (includes Intro to Music Theory)
- Piano (includes Intro to Music Theory)
- Tap Dance
- Drama: Voice Production and Speech (incorporates Yoga and Body/Sound Connections)
- Drama: Expression/Learning to Read/Present Rhythmically
Please Contact Us for more information on our Creative Arts Program!